Liquid cooled, DOHC, 16 valve (4 valves/cyl), in-line four
1,325mm (52.2'') to 1,455mm (57.3)
test test tsest stsest
25 litres (5.5 imp.gal.)
Bore And Stroke
79 x 66.2mm
Ignition / Starting
TCI / Electric
Warranty Maximum Claim
Warranty Term Odometer
Police Or Service Vehicle
Warranty Maximum Claim Unit
Warranty Term Odometer Unit
Police Cruiser / Emergency Vehicle
Any Accidents Or Repairs In Excess Of $3000.00
The FJR1300 has an outstanding reputation for performance and reliability in the sport touring class.
1298cc, DOHC, 16-valve, liquid-cooled inline-four engine delivers serious power and torque. 6-speed transmission combines with the cruise control system for effortless cruising. Red line is a low 9,000 rpm for an incredible reliability record.
Comprehensive and customizable instrument allows the rider to switch between kilometers & miles per hour and pre-set heated grips among many other features.
Quick-release luggage mounts mean fast removal of the 30 litre colour matched hard saddlebags. Small item storage compartment is located in the upper left side of the fairing. Inside this compartment is a 12 volt 30 watt DC power outlet for added convenience.
1298cc, DOHC, 16-valve (4/cyl), liquid-cooled inline-four engine delivers serious power & torque
- plenty of torque over a wide RPM range … 14.1kg-m (102 ft-lb) @ 7,000 rpm
- low 9,000 rpm red line for incredible reliability & service life
(ask somebody who owns one !)
- engine meets or exceeds Europe's EU-4 emission regulations
4-valve cylinder head design.
- compact combustion chambers with 10.8 compression ratio
- 30mm intake & 26mm exhaust valves
- exhaust valves feature carburized tips for durability (carburizing is a heat treating process that improves strength & durability)
- 4-valve design optimizes breathing efficiency & overall engine performance
- valve adjustment interval is 42,000 kms
One-piece cylinder & upper crankcase assembly.
- excellent engine rigidity (engine is a stressed member of the chassis)
- lighter & more rigid than two-piece designs
High lift intake & exhaust cams.
- side-driven double-overhead camshafts
- outstanding low to mid rpm torque & horsepower
- effortless sport touring with great passing power
"Liner-less" ceramic composite plated cylinder bores.
- ceramic coating sprayed directly on the aluminum block
- eliminates the heavy liners & reduces weight
- excellent heat dissipation for consistent power delivery
- coating enhances the thin film of oil between the cylinders & pistons, reducing friction & increasing power
High performance, short skirt, forged aluminum pistons.
- light weight for fast throttle response
- reduced reciprocating mass lessens mechanical vibration
Low- vibration crankshaft.
- carburized connecting rods for excellent strength & durability
Dual axis gear-driven secondary counter balancer.
- reduces engine vibration for enhanced rider & passenger comfort
Automatic cam chain tensioner.
- reduces both maintenance & engine mechanical noise
Maintenance-free transistor controlled ignition (TCI).
- produces a strong spark for fast starts
- provides precise ignition timing / mapping for optimum engine performance at all rpms
High performance direct ignition coils.
- ignition coil is built directly into the spark plug cap
- significant weight reduction
Yamaha Chip Control Throttle (YCC-T).
- YCC-T electronically controls throttle valves for outstanding throttle response & controllability
- YCC-T system provides precise control of intake air volume for a smoother torque curve
- ECU that controls YCC-T is capable of responding to changes at a speed of 1000th of a second
Yamaha D-Mode variable throttle control … 2 modes available.
- works in conjunction with the YCC-T system
- enables the rider to adjust the performance characteristics of the engine based on riding preferences or riding conditions
- S-Mode allows the rider to enjoy full engine performance & power
- T-Mode slows throttle response for situations that require softer power characteristics, such as slippery or wet conditions
- "T-Mode" is well suited for more relaxed touring & reduces fuel consumption
Traction control system
- works in conjunction with the YCC-T system
- utilizes front & rear wheel sensors (same sensors as ABS system)
- system senses when the rear wheel begins to spin & modifies the YCC-T function, ignition timing & fuel injection to reduce power and eliminate wheel spin
- traction control helps maintain traction when accelerating on slippery surfaces
- system is automatically engaged when the ignition is on … can be turned off if desired
Electronic cruise control system.
- also part of the YCC-T family of functions
- "settable range" is from 50 to 160 km/hr & transmission must be in 3rd gear or higher
- cruise control can be cancelled by activating front or rear brakes, pulling in the clutch, completely closing the throttle grip or using the activation button
- control buttons are located on the L.H.S. handlebar switch gear
Closed loop Mikuni, 42mm, throttle body fuel injection system.
- crisp, seamless throttle response regardless of weather or altitude
- system uses throttle position sensor (TPS)
- 4-hole Denso injectors
- "closed loop system" uses a heated oxygen sensor to "sniff" spent exhaust & automatically adjust the fuel / air ratio for reduced emissions
- heated oxygen sensor provides precise fuel - air ratio information, especially at lower engine temperatures
- fuel injection benefits include choke-free starting, steady idling during warm up, excellent fuel economy & reduced emissions
Viscous paper-type air filter.
Compact engine uses a stacked "Tri-Axis" design.
- stacked design reduces engine length & centralizes mass
- design allows the engineers to place the engine in the "sweet spot" of the frame
- optimized front & rear weight distribution for excellent handling characteristics
- overdrive 6th gear provides more relaxed, higher speed cruising … engine rpm is reduced in top gear
- transmission features helical gears & separate gear dog design for smooth, quiet operation
- gear ratios optimize the FJR's wide spread of power
Special "scissors-type" primary driven gear.
- reduces drive train backlash
- reduces transmission noise
Hydraulic clutch with slipper & assist functions.
- slipper clutch function reduces the negative effects of engine braking on handling & suspension
- assist function reduces clutch lever effort by up to 20%
- hydraulic design provides smoother operation & requires less maintenance
Clean, quiet shaft drive.
- shaft drive system is super-durable & low maintenance
- system features mechanical cam dampers in the drive pinion for quieter, smoother power delivery to the rear wheel.
Curved radiator uses twin "ring-type" cooling fans.
- excellent heat dissipation … curved rad offers more cooling surface than a flat rad
- special air management moves hot air out of the cockpit area to reduce heat to the rider
- ring type fans "pull" more air than a conventional type fan
Easy-access spin-on oil filter & drain plug make oil changes fast & easy.
4-into-1-into-2 stainless steel exhaust with new catalyzers.
- optimizes engine performance across the power band
- new dual, three-way catalytic converters reduce emissions
- the FJR1300 meets or exceeds EU-4 emission standards
Excessive lean angle cut-out switch prevents the engine running in the event of a tip over.
Aluminum twin spar, diamond-type frame.
- frame design offers an excellent rigidity balance for optimum handling & loading
- engine is a stressed chassis member allowing for the use of a lighter main frame design
- perfect combination for sharp, accurate handling & great stability
Fully detachable aluminum rear sub frame
- reduces cost in the event of damage
- easier rear shock access
Lightweight, cast aluminum swingarm.
- swingarm incorporates the shaft drive into its left side to reduce unsprung weight
- reduced unsprung weight helps to optimize suspension & handling performance
Key chassis geometry figures include:
- caster angle = 26 degrees / trail = 109mm
- front - rear weight distribution is 51.9% front & 48.1% rear
Fully adjustable, 48mm, conventional style forks offer 135mm (5.4") of wheel travel.
- adjustments include 15 mm of spring preload, 21-way compression & 16-way rebound damping
- incredible suspension performance with excellent "feedback"
- allows the rider to "tune" suspension to match riding style, rider weight, load & road conditions
Adjustable link Monocross rear suspension with 125mm (4.8") of wheel travel.
- features a handy, two-stage (soft / hard) spring preload adjustment lever that allows the rider to switch between solo & two-up preload settings
- shock adjustments include: 20-way rebound damping
Dual 320mm front discs squeezed by Nissin 4-piston calipers … with ABS & UBS.
- excellent barking performance with good feedback to the rider
282mm rear disc brake with single piston caliper … with ABS & UBS.
- caliper is mounted on the underside of the swingarm to reduce torque action for superior suspension performance
Front & rear brakes feature Yamaha's latest anti-lock brake (ABS) & variable unified brake (UBS) technology.
- ABS braking offers excellent control under hard braking or braking on wet or slippery surfaces
- controlling ECU & hydraulic unit are combined into a single compact unit allowing for mass centralization & reduced weight
- when ABS system senses impending wheel lock-up (via active type wheel sensors) it regulates the hydraulic brake pressure to the point just before the wheel(s) lock-up
- UBS system "unifies or links" the front & rear brakes when brakes are applied
- applying the front brake will engage the UBS and to a varying degree will apply some rear brake force
- applying rear brake will activate rear brake and to a varying degree will apply some front brake force
- linked brakes may improve stopping power by accurately balancing front & rear brake pressures according to natural weight transfer
Lightweight cast-aluminum 3-spoke wheels.
- lightweight design reduces unsprung weight for excellent suspension & handling performance
- rims sizes: front = MT3.50x17 (120/70ZR17) & MT5.50x17 (180/55ZR17)
- premium sport touring tires
Adjustable handlebars offer three positions of adjustability.
- from centre position, the bars can be adjusted 5.5 mm forward or 5.5mm back
- total adjustment range is 11mm (0.4") … tools required
Adjustable rider seat height.
- long distance designed separate rider & passenger seats
- quick adjust rider seat with height adjustment range of 20mm (0.8")
- seat adjustment takes mere seconds & requires no tools
Stylish single piece upper fairing.
- provides great aerodynamics for reduced drag
- excellent wind & weather protection
- air flow management has been optimized for superior rider comfort
Small item storage compartment (in fairing) with 12V / 30W DC power outlet
- 1 litre capacity is perfect for small items such as cell phone, wallet, garage door opener, etc.
- storage compartment lid can only be opened when the ignition is on
- inside the storage compartment is a 12 volt, 30 watt DC power outlet
Push button operated electrically adjustable windscreen.
- windshield design reduces the "vacuum effect" (negative pressure) in the cockpit area
- adjustment range is 130mm (5.1")
- windshield features a memory & will hold its last position when the key is turned off
"Twin-eye" LED headlights.
- lightweight, compact, long life LEDs
- each headlight contains both low & high beam LEDs
- provides excellent illumination & visibility
- LED position lights on left & right sides of main headlights
- easy access headlight adjusters to compensate for varying loads
Middle cowl with adjustable air flow vents.
- no tools required adjustable side cowl vents
- adjustment range is 20mm (0.8")
- allows more or less air flow into the rider's hip & leg area
LED rear taillight assembly.
- LED turn signals are integrated into taillight
- eye catching & unique tail light, brake light & turn signal displays … all LED
Quick-release, locking, colour matched, 30 litre side bags.
- fast & easy removal of the 30 litre, colour matched bags … no tools required
- FJR1300 has been designed to look great with or without the saddlebags installed
Ergonomically shaped, large-capacity 25-litre fuel tank
- offers an excellent riding range
- steel construction allows use of magnetic tank bags
- reserve portion is 5 litres (low fuel light illuminates)
Multi-function instrument / meter assembly.
- left side of meter is an analog tach (electric) with revised face
- middle section features an LCD digital speedo, fuel gauge, D-Mode indicator, clock & ECO mode indicator (ECO indicator … indicates if the bike is being ridden in a fuel efficient manner)
- right side is a digital DOT matrix display including odometer, dual tripmeters, outside air temp, coolant temp, instant & average fuel consumption, estimated travel range (based on remaining fuel), time trip & low fuel tripmeter
- other DOT matrix display functions include grip heater status & gear position indicator
- full range of warning & indicator lights including cruise & traction control status
- speedo can be changed to display either kilometers or miles per hour
Immobilizer ignition system.
- reduces the possibility of "ride away" theft
- system must recognize the "coded ignition key" in order for the unit to start
- if the immobilizer ignition does not recognize the key (or a thief's screwdriver or other type of "jimmy tool") the bike will not start even if the ignition is forced into the on position
- if the system does not recognize the coded chip in the ignition key, it will not allow the ignition system, fuel pump or starter motor to function.
- FJR features convenient "one-key" system to operate all keyed devices on the bike including the main ignition, steering lock, saddlebags & optional top case locks.
- integrated cargo platform above the tail section doubles as a mount for optional top box
- variable heated grips … 10 levels of heat adjustment
- 5-position adjustable front brake & clutch levers
- separate rider & passenger footrests reduce vibration & weight
- folding mirrors
- under seat storage area can hold a small U-lock
- centre stand
- easy access YDT (Yamaha Diagnostic Tool) connector
- low-maintenance sealed battery (battery should be charged during winter storage)