Gravity cast, aluminum R1 based Deltabox frame
- designed to offer an optimized strength — rigidity balance (balance of strength, rigidity & tuned flex) to maximize handling & suspension performance
- engine is stressed member with rigid mounts
- benefits include reduced weight, excellent high-speed stability & cornering characteristics, excellent traction / drive characteristics exiting a corner and greater freedom in choosing or changing a line through a turn
Detachable steel rear subframe
- steel is used for additional strength (optional sport luggage)
- reduces costs in the event of damage & allows easier rear shock access
Lightweight aluminum "upward truss-type" swingarm
- provides great torsional rigidity for excellent rear wheel traction & control
- swingarm length is 570 mm to optimize traction, suspension performance & reduce effects of "chain tensioning"
- swingarm features threaded holes for accessory spools for superbike style stand
Short 1400 mm (55.1") wheelbase for super agile handling.
Fully adjustable KYB 43 mm inverted fork with 120 mm (4.7") of wheel travel.
- R1 based fork with setting revisions
- adjustments include: spring preload, rebound & compression damping
- incredible suspension performance with excellent "feedback"
- inverted design reduces unsprung weight & increases the rigidity of the fork since the larger diameter tubes are gripped in the triple clamps
- adjustable design allows the rider to tune suspension to match riding style, rider weight & road or track conditions
Lightweight aluminum upper & lower triple clamps.
Fully adjustable Monocross link rear suspension utilizes a piggyback-style KYB shock providing 120 mm (4.7") of wheel travel.
- shock adjustments include: threaded spring preload, rebound damping, slow speed compression damping & high speed compression damping
- overall shock length can be adjusted by 5 mm for ride height adjustability
- piggyback design helps to keep the shock oil cool for more consistent damping
Electric steering damper.
ABS equipped, radial mount, 4-piston, mono-block calipers squeeze fully floating 320 mm dual front discs.
- great braking performance with excellent control & lever feedback.
- radial mount design helps to reduce caliper distortion for improved braking performance
- 5-position adjustable front brake lever
Compact, single piston, slide-type Nissin rear caliper squeezes a lightweight 220 mm disc.
Front & rear brakes feature Yamaha's latest anti-lock brake (ABS) technology.
- ABS offers excellent control under hard braking or braking on wet or slippery surfaces
- when ABS system senses impending wheel lock-up (via active type wheel sensors) it regulates the hydraulic brake pressure to the point just before the wheel(s) lock-up
Lightweight, 5-spoke, cast aluminum mag wheels.
- lightweight contributes to excellent handling & suspension (reduced unsprung weight)
- front rim size is MT3.50 x 17, rear rim is MT6.00 x 17
17 litre steel fuel tank.
- tank provides excellent knee grip
- 4 litre reserve capacity (fuel trip meter activates)
- steel design allows use of magnetic tank bags
- in-tank electric fuel pump
Tapered aluminum handlebar.
- lightweight design with excellent strength
- offers a comfortable, upright riding position for all day riding comfort
- traditional "handlebar" design allows easy replacement to a different "bend" if desired
Minimal "naked" roadster styling with extreme design highlights.
- unique & stylish "face" highlights the lean, muscular look of the MT-10
Full LED lighting (headlights, brake & tail lights, turn signals, license plate light).
- excellent illumination & visibility
- headlights can be aimed both vertically & horizontally
- LEDs reduce power consumption (LED bulbs use less power than conventional bulbs)
Single piece rider & passenger seat with rider "hip stopper".
- seat design allows good side to side movements & helps hold the rider in place during acceleration
Fully digital LCD meter assembly.
- displays include; speedo, bar style tach, odometer, dual trip meters, gear position, clock, intake air temp, coolant temp, instant & average fuel efficiency, fuel gauge, low fuel trip meter (counts kilometers since fuel switched to reserve), ECO light (illuminates when bike is being ridden in a fuel conserving manner), D-Mode display, plus a full range of warning & indicator lights including cruise control & traction control status
- background illumination is adjustable
Immobilizer ignition system is designed to reduce the possibility of "ride away" theft.
- system must recognize the "coded ignition key" in order for the unit to start
- if the immobilizer ignition does not recognize the key, the ignition system & starter will not function, even if the ignition is forced into the on position